When you're decorating a loft, you'll be faced with challenges that wide-open space provides. These tips can help you attractively solve those issues:
1. Lack of storage is something that many loft-dwellers experience. Attractive free-standing storage units are available that will hold your things without detracting from the beauty of the loft.
2. Using attractive shelving units to divide spaces will help you combine form with function to hold your accessories. These add both visual interest and functionality to your home, such as vases, bowls and meaningful objects.
3. Put casters on your furniture to make the pieces easy to move so that you can easily change the appearance and function of your home.
4. Well-placed mirrors represent good ways to create the illusion of more space.
5. Rugs also help separate the spaces inside the loft, and by combining different shades, colors, textures and sizes throughout the loft, you've created a visual field for each individual space
6. Hang lights at different levels throughout the space to either accent a small area or illuminate a larger one, such as the dining area and kitchen.
7. Choose a wall area inside the loft where you create your own gallery of artwork or photos. When you're decorating a loft, you want it to be a reflection of your individual taste that you can use graphics to convey.
8. Selecting a few accent furnishings that match the style of your current furniture can help tie the room together, strengthening its visual focus.
9. Throw pillows and poofs are another way to add visual interest and texture to the loft without taking up much space.
If you're decorating a loft or considering it in the Dallas area, contact Stephanie Kratz Interiors for help in making it a treasured, functional space.
Interior design has never been more essential than it is now. We are spending more time at home than ever before, so the comfort and quality of the pieces we choose for our spaces must correspond with the practicality of our lives.
It’s an honor to say that once again, in the publication of Faces of Frisco 2020, Stephanie Kratz Interiors has been featured as The Face of Interior Design. As a full-service design firm dubbed the “Modern Edge of Design,” Stephanie Kratz Interiors has lived up to this name.
Even with the most amazing collaboration of these seven core elements, there is no guarantee that your home or business will convey the luxuriousness you are trying to portray if you do not consider these other elements that are often overlooked. Stephanie Kratz Interiors dives into the importance of...