As you work with an interior designer to decorate your Dallas area home, it’s a good idea to know what style or styles best describe you and your family's design tastes. Here are 12 the top home design styles and a general description of each:
- Art Deco – Art Deco is a style that uses geometric and streamlined furniture, often with sleek lines, chrome hardware and mirrored accents.
- Arts and Crafts – Known for focusing on the simplicity of form, this style uses local materials and displays almost no extravagant decorations.
- Coastal – This style uses beach or nautical themes and often provides a light and breezy atmosphere.
- Contemporary – Contemporary makes use of sleek lines and muted neutrals, although bold splashes of color are used throughout the furniture and accessories.
- Transitional – A transitional design bridges traditional design and contemporary design.
- Modern –This minimalist style often uses geometric shapes and neutral colors.
- Mid-Century Modern – This style makes use of simplicity, natural shapes and functionality for an overall minimalist design.
- Shabby Chic – Shabby chic is a decorative style that uses white-painted furniture, muted color floral prints and vintage accessories.
- Traditional – A classic style from 18th and 19th century England, traditional design uses symmetry along with muted fabrics and mid-tone colors.
- English Country – This style makes use of ornamental features, antiques and decorative accessories.
- Mediterranean – Mediterranean design uses terra cotta, yellow and lavender in addition to influences from the Mediterranean region.
- Eclectic – This describes a style that borrows from a number of different styles but focuses on color, texture, pattern and composition in order to create a cohesive design.
Contact Stephanie Kratz Interiors today for assistance choosing from the right home design styles.